Now the citizens of Slovenia will be able to renew their passports not only in Slovenia but also in other countries. But they should remember that when in Slovenia, they must go to the passport office and if abroad, they can head to the Slovenian embassy or a consulate.
Read this article to know the procedure on how to renew a Slovenian passport.
Eligibility criteria to get a Slovenian passport renewed
Essentially, to have the Slovenian passport renewed, the applicant has to be a citizen of the state of Slovenia. The next rule to be followed is that the applicant should have an already issued Slovenian passport, it can be a current passport as well.
And if the age of the applicant is 18 years or above that then they will have to renew under the adult passport category whereas the rest of the citizens shall have their passports renewed in the child passport category.
List of the documents to be submitted to have a Slovenian passport renewed;
- Current or the recently issued Slovenian passport
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Marriage certificate (this certificate is applicable to a few citizens only)
- 2 identical recent colour photographs
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Slovenian passport:
- One will have to go to the passport office to have their passport renewed
- From the passport office, you should collect the passport renewal application form
- Fill this form with the right details because these details shall be entered in the passport
- Once this process is completed, you can go ahead & attach the required documents to the passport application form
- In the next step, pay the application fee in cash or transfer it online or use debit / credit card
- The applicant will be required to submit the passport renewal application form as well as the documents in – person at the passport office
- On successful submission of the form, the applicant would receive the passport application number through the acknowledgement
- Make use of this application number to schedule an appointment at the passport office
- On the day of the scheduled appointment, you would have to provide the following to the authorities – finger prints / signature & the photograph
Slovenian passport renewal application processing time:
When the given application form and the documents are thoroughly verified by the passport issuing officials, your passport is renewed. It would generally take about 10 to 15 working days to get the passport renewed.
Slovenian passport fee & passport’s validity:
- For an adult passport with 10 years of validity, passport fee is € 42. 05
- However, for the applicants from 3 to 18 years & whose passport is valid for 5 years, passport fee is € 35. 25
- While for the applicants till they turn 3 years, passport fee is € 31. 17 & it is valid for 3 years
If you have any doubts regarding the Slovenian passport renewal application process & wish to clear them click on the link mentioned here – http://www.mnz.gov.si/en/services/passport/Sponsored Links