In this article get to know how to renew a Slovakian passport & the documents required & the other things related to renewing a Slovakian passport. You can either renew a passport at the Police Force while in Slovakia or through any of the Slovakian embassies in other countries.
Who is eligible to have a Slovakian passport renewed?
Essentially, to have a Slovakian passport renewed, the applicant has to be a citizen of Slovakia. In addition to this, you would also have to hold a current or a recently issued passport. Last but not the least, according to the applicant’s age, you will have to apply for a renewal of the passport.
List of documents that have to be submitted to get the Slovakian passport renewed:
- Recently issued passport or a current passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of identity
- Marriage certificate (valid for only a few)
Steps to renew a Slovakian passport:
- You will have to first check out the Slovakian passport issuing official website
- As one would be able to get their passport only when they enter not only the residence but also their e – mail address
- These details are to be given in order to get the passport application renewal form
- Once you have entered the details, the application form will be sent to the e – mail id mentioned by you
- You will now have to complete filling the Slovakian passport renewal application form
- Make sure that there are not any mistakes in the form
- The next step would be to upload the documents that have been listed in this article as well
- The time you have completed the above process, you can submit the application form
- When the passport application form has been registered, the applicants will receive an e – mail about the registration being successful
- But this is not the end of the story as you would receive another e – mail about the scheduling of an appointment
- This e – mail is only sent when the application has been verified by the concerned officials
- And when the appointment has been confirmed by the applicant, they will have to go to the next step that is providing the bio – metric
- Finger prints / signature / photograph are to be provided as the bio – metric details
One will have to understand the fact that they can receive as well as apply for the renewal of the passport only at the Police Force department or an embassy.
Fee to get a Slovakian passport renewed?
The fee to renew a Slovakian passport has been mentioned below. You would be able to find the fee as well as the number of days required to get the passport.
16 years old or more than that age applicants will have to pay the following fees:
- € 99 within 2 working days
- € 66 within 10 working days
- € 33 for 30 days
6 to 16 years old applicants have to pay the following charges:
- € 39 within 2 working days
- € 26 within 10 working days
- € 13 for 30 days
For the applicants who are younger than 6 years, the passport fee is as follows :-
- € 24 within 2 working days
- € 16 within 10 working days
- € 8 for 30 days
Slovakian passport application processing time:
You would be required to wait for about 10 working days to get the passport renewed.
Official website links
For further information or clarification regarding the Slovakian passport, you can click on the following links – http://www.minv.sk/?ministry-of-interior (OR) http://www.minv.sk/?spravne-poplatky (OR) http://www.minv.sk/?bbapSponsored Links