A Norwegian passport as most of know happens to be issued only to the citizens of Norway. Even the renewal of the Norwegian passport can be done when you are a citizen of Norway. To renew your passport, you can head to the passport office when in Norway or at a Norwegian consulate or embassy in other countries.
Read this article to know more about the renewal process of a Norwegian passport & the things related to it.
What is the eligibility criteria to renew a Norwegian passport?
Basically, to get the Norwegian passport renewed, you will have to be a Norwegian besides holding a Norwegian passport. The passport is issued as per the age of the applicant as there are 2 categories namely child passport & adult passport.
List of the documents required to renew a Norwegian passport:
- Current or a passport that is recently issued
- Identity card
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (applicable to a very few applicants)
- 1 recent colour photograph
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Norwegian passport:
- The applicant will be required to fill the passport renewal application form
- You can find the form at the official passport issuing authorities’ website
- One can also take the form from the passport office
- Fill this form carefully
- Attach the documents that are required to get the passport
- Documents required to renew Norwegian passport can be checked in this topic
- The applicant will have to go personally to the passport office to submit the application form
- Use debit or credit card to pay the fee or pay it in cash
- After the successful submission of the application form, you would receive the passport application number on the acknowledgement
- Applicant has to make use of the passport application number to schedule an appointment
- This appointment is solely required for providing the bio – metric details to the concerned authorities
- Finger prints / signature / photographs form a part of these bio – metric details
Norwegian passport renewal application processing time:
Applicant has to wait for about 15 to 20 business days to get the passport renewed besides making sure of the fact that they have given the right details in the application form.
Validity of a Norwegian passport:Sponsored Links
- 2 years is the validity of the passport till the children turn 5
- Till the children are 10 years old, their passport is valid for 3 years
- 5 years is the validity of the passport for the children who are aged 10 to 16 years
- However, for the applicants who are 16 years or more, their passport is valid for 10 years
Official download links:
If you wish to get some more information regarding the renewal process of Norwegian passport, then the links that have been mentioned here will come handy. Click on the following links to be taken to the official website –