Liechtenstein citizens can renew their passports at the passport office in Liechtenstein or at a Liechtenstein embassy or a consulate when not in Liechtenstein. In this article, we have given the complete structure regarding the Liechtenstein passport especially how to apply for a Liechtenstein passport / fee / documents / validity etc. Read on to know more.
What is the eligibility criteria to renew a Liechtenstein passport?
To have a Liechtenstein passport renewed, you will have to be a citizen of Liechtenstein & also hold a Liechtenstein passport. When applying for a renewal of the Liechtenstein passport, one should know that it is renewed according to the age of the applicant.
List of documents to be submitted to renew a Liechtenstein passport:
- Current or a recently issued passport
- Identity proof
- Marriage certificate (this document is applicable only to a few people)
- 2 colour photographs, recent ones
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Liechtenstein passport:
- First step to renew a Liechtenstein passport is to fill the passport application renewal form
- The said form can be taken from either the passport office or the passport issuing authority’s official website
- Once you have the form with you, fill it clearly
- One must try to fill the form without any mistakes
- Enclose the documents that are to be submitted along with the passport renewal application form
- When the above formalities are over, the applicant themselves should go & submit the form
- Next step would be to attach the required documents
- The applicant must not forget that they should only (themselves) submit the application form at the passport office
- The applicant can pay the passport renewal application fee by a debit or a credit card or in cash
- An acknowledgement is given to the applicant when the passport application form is successfully submitted
- This acknowledgement will also have the passport application number
- You will have to make use of the passport application number to schedule an appointment with the authorities
- This appointment is to provide bio – metric details to the concerned authorities
- These details are inclusive of the photograph / finger print / signature
Liechtenstein passport renewal application fee:
- CHF 50 is the fee for a child passport
- CHF 250 is the fee to get an adult passport
Validity of a Liechtenstein passport:
- For minor passports that is citizens under the age of 15, passport is valid for about 3 years
- Whereas for an adult passport (applicants who are more than 15 years old), validity is 10 years
Liechtenstein passport renewal application processing time:
The applicant has to wait for about 20 working days to have the Liechtenstein passport renewed. The passport is renewed only after a thorough verification & when the passport application form is filled completely.
If you have any doubts about the renewal procedure of the Liechtenstein passport, you may click on the following link – http://www.regierung.li/foreign-affairsSponsored Links