To renew a Kuwaiti passport, the following things are to be kept in mind:
- The citizens of Kuwait can go ahead & get their passports renewed by either downloading the renewal application form from the official passport website or you may also apply online to get your passport renewed.
- However, the citizens of Kuwait who are staying abroad or overseas may get their Kuwaiti passport renewed at either the Kuwaiti embassy or a consulate. This embassy or the consulate will be at the country you are residing at present.
Eligibility for getting your Kuwaiti passport renewed:
To get the Kuwaiti passport renewed, first of all the applicant has to be a citizen of Kuwait. In addition to this, generally, a Kuwaiti passport is renewed only for adults; hence, the applicant’s age should be 18 years or above that.
However, if the applicant is unable to attend the interview, the applicant’s father or a legal representative may attend the interview. Finally the person who is looking forward to get the Kuwaiti passport renewed should have a current passport or the recently issued passport.
Documents required to renew Kuwaiti passport:
Basically to renew a Kuwaiti passport, you will have to submit the already issued passport besides 4 photographs with a blue background. In addition to this one may carry the below listed documents as well.
- Completed passport application form
- Original birth certificate
- Recently issued passport
- Proof of identity
- 2 colour photographs
- Marriage certificate (applicable only to a few applicants)
- Fee receipt
Fee to renew a Kuwaiti passport:
- Variable fee is 0 KD
- Fixed fee for 5 years is 3 KD
- For a 30 year older applicant, fee for 10 years is 6 KD
Procedure to renew adult Kuwaiti passport:
- First things first, you have to download the renewal passport application form from the official site
- One can visit the General Department of Citizenship & Travel Documents
- Here you can refer to the governorate
- Next complete the form carefully & see to it that you enter only the correct details in the form
- Applicant will next be required to attach the documents listed along with the photographs
- After this, pay the fee specified in the instructions
- One can pay the fee by either cash or credit or a debit card
- You may also opt for online transfer to pay the fee
- Furthermore, you would be required to lodge the filled application plus the documents in – person at the office
- And when the passport application form has been successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement
- This acknowledgment will have the passport application number
- Schedule an appointment with this application number
- Next confirm the appointment online
- When you go to the appointment, you will be required to provide bio – metric data which includes finger prints / signature / photograph
Processing time:Sponsored Links
Once the documents you have submitted are verified by the passport issuing authorities, you will receive the renewed Kuwaiti passport in 10 working days.
Apart from this, applicants who will be getting their Kuwaiti passport renewed will have to collect the passport in – person once their passport is renewed.
For more information, you can click on the following link – https://www.e.gov.kw/sites/kgoenglish/Pages/Services/MOI/RenewPassport.aspx