Applying for an Irish passport is a child’s play because if you answer a few questions & fill the simple form, you will be able to apply for a new Irish passport. And the story for renewing your Irish passport is nothing different. The only difference will arise in the type of form you have selected & the way you will be answering the questions.
And to assist you further, we have listed out the method using which you will now be able to renew your passport in a very trouble-free manner. However, a few things have to be kept in mind when applying for a renewal of the Irish passport; & the 1st thing is that you will have to read the instructions mentioned in this article carefully before you head out to apply for a renewal of the Irish passport.
Steps to renew the Irish passport:
There are a few things that have to be followed before you get to know the procedure to renew your Irish passport. Keep scrolling the page to check out the steps when renewing your Irish passport.
- To start with, you will be required to switch to the official website of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Ireland & to move to this site, one may click on the link mentioned here – https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/
- This is the page where you will be asked to answer simple questions related to the renewal of passport
- Individuals can answer the said questions by either selecting the answers from the options given on the website or by just typing those answers in the fields available
What kind of questions will be asked on the official website?
Simple questions such as the following will be asked by the authorities –
- Where are you? (mention the country you are in, at the present moment)
- Next, select the passport type
- Enter the date of birth in the dd / mm / yyyy format
- Further, select the citizenship status as to whether you were in either Ireland or any other place
- Will you travel in the next 10 working days or after that
- Lastly, click on go to be taken to the next page
What are the next steps to be followed?
- Once you have answered the above questions, you will come across another page which will help you further with the application process
- One can also know as to which form to be filled from either APS 1E or APS 2E
- And from where you will get the form
- Later will come the witness
- Understand as to who can be the witness & what will be the work of a witness
- Documents that are to be attached with the form
- Finally, you will be able to submit the form
- But before that, you will have to pay the passport fee
- Most important thing is that to be taken to another page, you will have to click on the next tab
- Applicants will have to submit the form at any of the passport offices that is Cork or the Dublin passport office in Ireland
Important things to remember:
Select the correct form as this will be the gateway to your dreams. One can get the form at the site itself. Fill the form carefully & submit it to the passport office.Sponsored Links