There are times when your passport might have been expired or lost or damaged, but you do not have to be worried or tensed as to how you will get a new passport.
As, in order to get a new passport, you can now without any difficulty apply for a new passport in the form of renew or reissue of the Indian passport. Read on to know more about this process.
Renew or reissue an Indian passport in simple way
- When applying for a renewal or reissuance of a passport, you will first have to register at the passport website official, hence check here to register – http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Next click on the – New User register now link
- Pick the passport office
- Register with the present residential address
- To register, enter the details namely name / date of birth / login ID
- In your registered e – mail id you will receive the log in
- Activate your account with this log in id
- When logged in, click on the tab that reads apply for a fresh / reissue of the Indian passport
- Now enter the details that have been listed there (in the marked fields)
How to fill the renewal or the reissue form of the Indian passport
Go to the applicant home page after you have registered and later click on the tab apply for a fresh passport or the reissuance of the passport. We have also listed out 2 methods to fill this form.Sponsored Links
1st method to fill the reissuance or renewal form of passport
- Download the softcopy of the application form
- Fill it offline
- Upload when the form is filled completely
2nd method to fill the renewal or the reissue form of passport
When selecting 2nd method, you must have good internet connection.
Book the appointment at the passport office
When you have filled the renewal or reissue passport application form, it is now the turn to book a slot at the passport office.
Check & pay for the passport appointment slot
- Check for the tab – view saved / submitted applications on the passport home page
- Next click on the link that reads pay & schedule appointment
- Select online payment as this is the easiest way to pay for the passport appointment
- Next select the passport seva Kendra as well as the time slot as per your convenience
- Later select the payment option at the payment page
If you happen to be accepted for a walk in appointment then cancel the schedule besides taking the cancellation page & payment receipt print to the passport seva Kendra.
Documents required for the passport reissue or renewal
- Passport, let that be an expired passport or the one which is about to expire
- Printed passport application form for the renewal or the reissue
- This form must have the application reference number which is also known as ARN
Check the link to know more- http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/reissuePassport
What about the address in the passport?
Take only the 1st / last / ECNR page’s photo copy if the address is same. Attest these copies, also carry another address proof such as the Voter ID or any other ID.
If there is a change in the address then carry the above stated photo copies besides the following documents –
|Cooking gas connection bill||Water / telephone / electricity bill for the past 2 months||Ration card|
|Bank statement of 1 year and the bank passbook which has the address||Aadhaar card||Voter ID|
How to add spouse’s name or to change name in the passport?
- Carry a photo copy of the marriage certificate which is certified as well as the original certificate to add the spouse’s name in the passport
- However, to change the name, you should carry original as well as the signed photo copy to the passport office
When should I reach the passport office or the PSK / passport seva Kendra?
It is advised that you go the passport office at the least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment so that there is no confusion and you are not in a hurry.Sponsored Links