The citizens of Romania can have their passports renewed by the Community Public Service of Issuance & Registration of Simple Passports or the Serviciul Public Comunitar pentru Eliberarea şi Evidenţa Paşapoartelor Simple which in turn is operated by the Ministry of Interior & Administrative Reform.
The only thing that has to be kept in mind is that when you are in Romania you can get the passports renewed at the Community Public Service of Issuance & Registration of Simple Passports’ office; however, if you happen to be outside Romania, you can go ahead & seek support or help from the Romanian embassy or a consulate.
Read this article, as we have very clearly stated the steps on how to apply for a Romanian passport. Also get to know as to the list of documents / eligibility criteria / procedure / renewal application processing time. Keep scrolling the page to know more about the same.
What is the eligibility criteria to renew a Romanian passport?
To renew a Romanian passport, the applicant has to be a citizen of Romania apart from holding a passport. The passport is renewed for the applicants according to the age of the applicant. Minor applicants are issued child passports whereas the rest of the people get adult passports.Sponsored Links
Documents required to be submitted when renewing a Romanian passport:
- Current or the recently issued passport
- Birth certificate
- Identification proof
- Marriage certificate, applicable to a few people
- 2 identical recent photographs
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Romanian passport:
- First of all, you will have to get a Romanian passport renewal application form from the Community Public Service of Issuance & Registration of Passports’ office
- Fill the form carefully
- Next step is to attach the documents required for the renewal of the passport
- Pay the passport fee in cash or by debit or credit card payment or through an online transfer
- Submit the application form as well as the documents at the Community Public Service of Issuance & Registration of Passports’ office
- Once the above steps are completed then you would receive the passport application number along with an acknowledgement
- Use this application number to schedule an appointment for the bio – metric details
- These details have to be given in order to get the passport
- And the details include finger prints / photograph / signature
Romanian passport renewal application processing time:
10 business days is the time taken by the authorities to issue the passport; the authorities first verify the details given & then issue the form. In addition to this, the applicant is required to not only submit but also collect the form from the Community Public Service of Issuance & Registration of Passports’ office.Sponsored Links
If you wish to clear all your doubts about the Romanian passport renewal procedures or get clarification on some issues then click on the following link – http://www.mai.gov.ro/