Get to know as to how a Greek passport can be issued in an emergency; as there are times when we would require a passport at a very short notice. In this article, we have very clearly stated as to what is the eligibility criteria/documents required / fee/application from processing time & many other things.
Keep scrolling this page to know more.
An emergency Greek passport is available only for the people who come under the following circumstances –
- Health conditions unstable of a family member & requires hospitalization
- Death of a blood relative or a relative through marriage
- Blood relative might be missing
- The property has been damaged by the natural calamities
What is the eligibility when applying for a Greek passport using the Emergency Service?
When applying for an emergency Greek passport, one has to remember that the applicant must be a Greek citizen. In addition to this, the proof of emergency document is to be submitted.
List of the documents to be submitted for a Greek passport, emergency:
- Proof of emergency
- 1 recent colour photograph
- Birth certificate
- Proof of identity
- Fee receipt
Points to remember:
- People will have to submit a document regarding the emergency proof when applying for an emergency passport
- The emergency passport application form along with the documents & the photographs have to be submitted in – person
- It would take 1 working day to get the Greek passport issued in emergency cases
Steps to apply for a Greek passport using the Emergency Service:
- First of all you will have to get the application form from a passport office
- Next step would be to complete this application form that is also known as the Statement of Truth
- Make sure that you mention the correct details only
- Attach the documents that are required
- Also enclose a colour photograph
- And when the application form is filled, submit the form along with the documents at the passport office in – person only
- The next step would be to pay the fee by either using a credit or a debit card
- One may also opt to pay the fee in cash
Emergency Greek passport application processing time:
When all the documents & the completely filled form is submitted then it would take about 1 working day to get the Greek passport issued using the emergency service.
Fee for a Greek passport:
- € 84. 50 is the fee for an adult passport
- Whereas € 73. 60 is the fee for a child passport
For further details or clarification as far as the Greek passport is concerned, you can click on the following link. Here you can clear your doubts regarding the Greek passport being issued in an emergency.
Click on the following link to be directed to the official website – http://www.passport.gov.gr/en/Sponsored Links