As most of us know as well as very well understand the fact that a German passport serves as not only a passport but also a proof & identity / nationality, it becomes even more mandatory for us (German citizens) to get hold of a German passport at the earliest.
However, if you do not have a German passport then you can go ahead & apply for it either in Germany only or when you are in some other states. Keep scrolling the page to know more about the procedure to apply for a German passport in a very simple manner.
Where should I apply for a German passport?
- If you wish to apply for a German passport, then you can to the local municipal registration office
- This will be applicable only when you are in Germany
- However, if you are not in Germany then you will have to approach either a German consulate or an embassy to renew your German passport
Eligibility to renew a German passport:
- If you would like to renew a German passport, you must hold a German passport (current or the recently issued one)
- In addition to this, you should be a German citizen
List of documents to be submitted when renewing a German passport:
- Completed German passport application form is to be submitted
- Already issued German passport
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (especially when the surname has been changed)
- 2 identical photographs
- Proof of identification
Steps to renew a German passport:
- Applicants who wish to renew their passports will have to go to the local municipal registration office
- And do not forget that you will have to get your German passport renewed in – person only
- Complete the German passport application form & fill the correct details in the fields marked for them
- Once you have filled the application form, enclose the documents that are to be submitted
- Next submit the form as well as the documents at the local municipal office selected by you
- Applicants will have to pay the specified fee either in cash or using their credit or debit card
- Once you have submitted the form, collect the acknowledgement
- Schedule a confirmed appointment with the help of the passport application number mentioned on the acknowledgement slip
- On the scheduled appointment date, applicants will have to provide their bio – metric details to the officers in – charge
- These details include finger print / signature / photograph
What is the German passport fee?
- If a German passport is issued to a 24 year old (or older than that) then the fee is € 59 as the passport will be given to the applicant in a month & this passport has 32 pages
- For people who are under 24 years, passport fee is € 37 .50
- Is you have applied for a 48 pages German passport, premium (fee) is € 22
- € 32 is the fee if passport would be delivered using the express service
Processing time of a German passport:
Generally it will take about 4 to 6 weeks to get a German passport issued only when all the documents have been provided. And if you require a passport in 4 days, opt for the express service.
For more information or further clarification, click on the following link – XYZSponsored Links