Emirati passport permits an individual to travel freely from one country to another. And if your passport has expired then you will be required to apply for a renewal of passport.
To assist you further we have in this article given in detail as to how to get the Emirati passport renewed / eligibility criteria / fees / procedure etc. Scroll the page to know more.
Where the Emirati passports should be renewed?
- The Emirati people who reside in the United Arab Emirates can get their passports renewed at the official passport website
- However, those Emirati’s who live in other countries can get their passports renewed at either an Emirati embassy or a consulate
Eligibility to renew an Emirati passport:
- The basic eligibility criteria to renew an Emirati passport is that the applicant has to be a United Arab Emirates citizens
- And if it is an adult passport then the applicant’s age should be 18 years or above that
- But if the applicant is below 18 years then they can renew in the children’s passport category
- Another important thing is that the applicant has to hold an Emirati passport
Documents required to be submitted to get the Emirati passport renewed:
- A completed application form
- Current or the recently issued passport
- Original birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of identity
- Parental consent & parent’s identification document along with marriage certificate for children passports
- 2 photographs
- Fee receipt
Procedure to renew an Emirati passport:
- Essentially, you will be required to download the passport application form from the official website
- Next step is to fill the form with the right details
- Be careful while filling the form as these details will make their way to the passports
- After this, enclose the documents that have been listed below
- Applicants have to pay the fee, now that can be either in cash or online transfer
- You may also select either a credit or a debit card
- Once the formalities are done, submit the form in – person at the concerned office
- After the application is submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement
- One can find the passport application number on this acknowledgement
- Use this number & schedule an appointment online
- Applicants will be required to provide the bio – metric data on the scheduled date of appointment
- This bio – metric data will include finger prints / photographs / signature
Individuals will generally get their Emirati passports issued in 1 to 10 working days. And if you wish to get your passports at the earliest then submit the right documents & fill the application form correctly. Applicants, keep it in mind that you will have to collect the passport in – person once it is issued.
Fees for renewing the Emirati passport:
Basically, the applicants have to pay AED 55 as the passport renewal fee.
Download the passport renewal application from the following links –
For more details or any other clarification, you may click on the following link – http://dnrd.ae/en/Pages/Home.aspxSponsored Links