The Kingdom of the Netherlands issue Dutch passports & they are used to travel overseas. Besides this, a Dutch passport also serves as an identification proof. And if you are on the look – out of getting to know as to how to apply for a Dutch passport then you must read this article.
The reason is, in this article we have given the procedure to get a Dutch passport in a step by step manner. You will also be able to learn the eligibility criteria / documents / validity / fee for a Dutch passport.
What is the eligibility for a Dutch passport?
- Individuals can apply for a Dutch passport only when they are citizens of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Moreover an adult Dutch passport is issued to the people who are either 18 years old or above that
- And if the applicant is under 18 years of age then they have to apply in the children’s passport category
What are the documents that have to be submitted along with the passport application form?
Documents for the adult Dutch passports:
- Applicants have to submit the completely filled passport application form
- The next important document is the Dutch nationality proof or the Dutch identity card
- 1 recent photograph (colour)
- Marriage certificate is applicable only to a few applicants
- Birth certificate
Documents for the child Dutch passport:
- Birth certificate
- Completely filled Dutch passport application form
- Dutch nationality (identity) proof
- Parental consent
- Marriage certificate as well as nationality proof of the parents
- 1 colour photograph
Steps to be followed when applying for a Dutch passport:
- The applicants will have to get the passport application form from the Municipality office
- Fill this form carefully
- Attach the documents that have been mentioned in this article
- You will be required to submit the application form along with the documents in person at the Municipality office
- The next step would be to pay the passport application or the processing fee
- One can pay the fee either in cash or through the credit / debit card
- When the application form has been successfully submitted, you will be receiving an acknowledgement
- This acknowledgment will have the passport application number
- Use this number & schedule an appointment to give the bio – metric details
- This bio – metric details include finger prints / signature / photograph
Even though it usually takes about 5 working days to get a Dutch passport issued still the applicants have to see to it that the documents submitted are correct in order to get the passport at the earliest.
Validity of the Dutch passport:
10 years is the validity for a regular as well as business Dutch passport. However for minors, a Dutch passport is valid for 5 years.
Fee for a Dutch passport:
- € 99 is the passport fee for the applicants who are 18 years & above that
- And if the applicant is under the age of 18 then the passport fee is € 85. 50
For more information click on – https://www.government.nl/Sponsored Links