Citizens of the Kingdom of Denmark are issued the Danish passports so that they can travel to various destinations across the world without any trouble. In this article get to know as to how to apply for a Danish passport besides the documents required / fee / eligibility criteria & many other things.
Who is eligible to get a Danish passport?
The applicant has to be a Danish citizen. Besides this, if the age of the applicant is 18 years or more than that then, they will have to apply for an adult Danish passport. However, if the applicant’s age is less than 18 years old then there is only 1 option left & that is the applicant may apply for a child passport.
List of documents required for a Danish adult passport:
- 1 recent colour photograph
- Proof of identity
- Birth certificate in original
- Marriage certificate (applicable only to a few applicants)
Documents required for a child Danish passport:
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- 1 recent colour photograph
- Original passports of the parents
- Parental consent & their marriage certificate (original)
Procedure to apply for a Danish passport:
- One can download the Danish passport application form from the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
- Fill the complete application form
- Make sure of the fact that the application form has correct details
- Enclose the documents that have also been listed in this article
- Applicant will have to submit the form as well as the documents in – person to the passport office
- Next step would be to pay the fee in either cash or using the credit or a debit card
- Once the Danish passport along with the documents have been successfully submitted, then the applicant will get the acknowledgement
- This acknowledgement will have the passport application number
- Use this number to schedule an appointment
- This appointment is required to be taken so that the applicant can give the bio – metric data
- These bio – metric details include finger prints / signature / photographs
Danish passport application processing time:
It would approximately take about 10 days to get the Danish passport issued. This would however happen only when the documents are submitted in a proper order.
Fee for a Danish passport:
One has to pay DKK 955 as the Danish passport fee to get this passport issued.
Validity of a Danish passport:
- For children till they reach the age of 1, 28 months is the passport’s validity
- Applicants in the age group of 2 & 17 years, passport is valid for 64 months
- While it is 124 months for the individuals who are 18 or more than that
To either download the application form or to clarify your doubts regarding the Danish passport, click on the following link to be directed to the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. The link is – http://um.dk/en/Sponsored Links