Citizens of Bulgaria will now be able to renew their passport. When you are in Bulgaria, get your passport renewed at the passport centre. But if you happen to be anywhere else in the world then you will have to go to the Bulgarian embassy or a consulate to renew the passport.
In this article we have very clearly given the procedure to get a Bulgarian passport renewed. You can also get to know as to what will be the fee / validity of the passport etc.
What is the eligibility criteria to get a Bulgarian passport renewed?
Essentially, to get your Bulgarian passport renewed, you will have to be a citizen of Bulgaria. Besides this, you will have to be 18 years old (or more) to get an adult passport otherwise you can get it renewed in the child passport category.
List of the documents to be submitted to get a Bulgarian passport renewed:
- One must submit a current or the recently issued Bulgarian passport
- Proof of identity
- Bulgarian identity card
- 4 recent colour photographs
Process to get a Bulgarian passport renewed:
- The applicant will be able to get the passport renewed when they apply for it at the passport office
- Collect the form from the passport office & fill it carefully
- Make it a point that you do not make mistakes
- In the next step enclose the documents that have been listed in this article as well
- When the form is filled & the documents enclosed, you can submit the application at the passport office
- Later the applicant will be required to pay the fee
- One can pay the fee with the help of a credit or a debit card
- You may also pay the fee in cash
- When all the formalities are completed, you will receive the passport application number
- This number can be found in the acknowledgement which you get once the form is submitted
- Make use of this acknowledgment & especially the passport application number to schedule an appointment
- This appointment is required in order to provide the bio – metric data
- Bio – metric data is nothing but finger prints / signature / photograph
Passport renewal application processing time:
To get the Bulgarian passport renewed, you will have to wait for approximately 90 days. At the same time, you must see that the documents apart from the form submitted are absolutely correct.
Fee to renew a Bulgarian passport:
To renew a Bulgarian passport, you should pay about 20 € or 40 BGN. After the payment of this fee only, the passport is renewed.
What is the validity of a Bulgarian passport?
As most of us by now know that a Bulgarian passport is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and as far as the validity is concerned, this passport will be valid for 5 years. These 5 years are counted from the day your passport is renewed.
Most importantly, there is no difference between an adults’ or a child’s passports’ validity, as both the passports are valid for 5 years only.
For more information or clarification on Bulgarian passport click on the link given here – http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/49/index.htmlSponsored Links