An official travel document that is issued to the citizens of Brazil is known as the Brazilian passport. This passport is basically issued by the Brazilian government but through the Brazilian Federal Police. However, with the new facility in place, a Brazilian passport is valid for 10 years.
In addition to this, the passport adheres to the rules laid down by not only Mercosul but also ICAO standards. In this article, our focus would be on the passport application form besides the eligibility criteria/documents required / fee & the process of applying for a Brazilian passport.
Eligibility to get a Brazilian passport for both adult & child:
- Applicant has to be a Brazilian
- And when applying for an adult passport, age of the applicant should be above 18 years of age
- For a child’s passport age has to be less than 18 years
Documents required for a Brazilian passport:
- A state issued ID card or any other official identification
- Federal Revenue Secretariat certificate registration certificate
- Voter registration certificate
- Application form that is to be printed (the page is available online)
- Passport fee payment receipt
- Parent’s consent & their identity as well as marriage certificate is required when applying for a child’s passport.
Other documents that can be submitted:
- 2 photographs
- Military service / conscription / waiver certificate which is available for the male citizens who are between 18 & 45 years old
- Naturalisation certificate
- Marriage certificate
- A judicial name change sentence or an authorisation
Fee for the Brazilian passport:
The fee for a Brazilian passport is R$ 257. Apart from this, one can pay the fee at any of the Brazilian banks & this includes home as well as internet banking. A document is generally issued when the online passport application is filled. You will be required to take a print of this payment along with the form.
Steps to apply for a Brazilian passport:
- First of all you would be required to go to the official site of the passport issuing authority
- Fill the online form as the passport applications are accepted through the online form only
- Print the application form after filling the necessary details
- Next pay the required fee
- Schedule a passport appointment at the Federal Post Office
- This can be done online
- Go to the Federal post office at the scheduled time & submit the application along with the documents
- Remember that there would be no requirement for a photograph as a digital photo will be taken on the spot
- Applicants will have to give a bio – metric data that is photo / signature / finger print
Processing time for a Brazilian passport:
Generally it takes about 6 working days or even less than that to get a passport issued. The time is taken from the time the passport application form is submitted. Moreover, there will no fast track service when applying for a passport in ordinary circumstances.
Collect the passport:
One will be required to collect the passport in – person once it is issued.
For more information click on – http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/passaporteSponsored Links