Bolivian passport is issued by the General Office of Migration or Dirección General de Migración in Bolivia. If you are in Bolivia then you can get your passport renewed at the Office of Migration; however, if you happen to be in another country, one can head to a Bolivian embassy or a Bolivian consulate.
Read on to know how to renew a Bolivian passport.
Eligibility criteria to renew a Bolivian passport:
Whether it is to renew or apply for a Bolivian passport, you will have to be a citizen of Bolivia. Moreover, you will also be required to have a previously issued or a current Bolivian passport to get your passport renewed.
In addition to this, you will have to be an 18 year old or more than that to get an adult passport; while the rest of the applicants can opt for a child passport.
List of documents required to renew a Bolivian passport:
- Recently issued or a current passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of identity
- Marriage certificate (applicable only to a few applicants)
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Bolivian passport:
- To get a Bolivian passport renewed, one will have to head to the passport office’s official website
- Here you can find the passport renewal application form
- Collect this form
- Fill the form with absolutely right details
- Attach the documents that have been listed out in this article as well
- The applicant will next have to pay the fee
- To pay the fee, one can select either a debit card or a credit card
- The applicant would be required to submit the Bolivian passport renewal application form in – person
- You shall go to the passport office along with the documents & the fee receipt
- Keep it in mind that when you go to the passport office, you would also be required to give the bio – metric details
- One should be ready for the bio – metric data as this includes photograph / signature / finger prints
- Only when these details are provided you will have the passport renewed
Bolivian passport renewal application processing time:
The applicant will have to understand the simple fact that to get the passport renewed, you will have to wait for about 2 to 3 working days. Furthermore, a passport is only renewed when the documents submitted are in order & when the passport issuing authorities verify the documents.
As an applicant, you would also be required to submit the application form at the passport office besides collecting the passport once it is renewed (again from the passport office).
Fee for a Bolivian passport:
Generally, the fee for a Bolivian passport is between Bs 200 & Bs 332.
Bolivian passport official website link:
If you have any doubts about the renewal of the Bolivian passport, then you can click on the following link to be directed to the official passport issuing website – http://www.migracion.gob.bo/webs/Sponsored Links