It happens with many people out there & so there is nothing new to it. Here we are speaking about the Belgian passports that will certainly one day expire. And if you are in this category then this article on the process of renewing a passport is apt for you.
In the said article we have very clearly mentioned the process of passport being renewed apart from getting to know how to get the application form / eligibility criteria / documents / fees etc. So, keep scrolling the page to know more.
Get the Belgian application form:
- If you are staying in Belgium then you may download the Belgian passport application from the website or head to the municipality office to get the application form
- However, if you happen to stay abroad then you can collect the application form from either the Belgium consulate or the embassy
Eligibility criteria to get the Belgian passport renewed:
- Most importantly, to get the Belgian passport renewed, you will have to be a Belgian
- Next rule is that you have to have a Belgian passport
List of documents required for a Belgian passport renewal:
- Completely filled Belgian passport application form
- Recent passport that is issued
- 1 colour photograph
- Proof of identity or the Belgium identity card
Fee for passport renewal:
To check the fee for the passport renewal click on the following link – http://diplomatie.belgium.be/sites/default/files/downloads/prix_passeport_belge.pdf
Steps to renew a Belgian passport:
- Once you have got the Belgian passport application form, you will have to complete it carefully
- Attach the documents that are required for the passport renewal
- After this, you must submit the application form in person at the municipality office
- And yes, do not forget to pay the passport renewal fee
- The fee can be paid in cash or by a credit or a debit card
Well, the process to get your Belgian passport renewed is similar to the one – remember the way you had applied for a Belgian passport 1st time?
- As in after you have submitted the renewal passport application form you will receive the acknowledgement where there will be the passport application number
- Use this acknowledgement to confirm your appointment online
- Go to the office & give the bio – metric data (finger print / signature & photo)
- Applicant shall receive the Belgian passport in 5 working days that is from the time the passport application has been submitted
Passport processing time:
When the application is submitted at the passport office & when the required documents besides the photographs are correct then the time that is generally taken to get the passport renewed is 5 working days.
And these working days are counted from the time the application has been submitted. However, if at all there are many applications then the duration to get the passport renewed / issued may go up.
In addition to this, we advise the people or the applicants to go in person to collect their passports once they are issued.Sponsored Links