As most of us know that an Argentine passport is renewed by the Policia Federal Argentina or the ReNaPer / National Registry for People; hence if you wish to renew your passport, you can read this article.
As this article throws light on how to renew an Argentine passport besides this you will also get to know the fee / eligibility criteria / documents required & validity of the passport among other things. Read on to know more about the procedure to get a passport renewed.
One can renew this passport either in the offices listed above when in Argentina or head to the Argentine embassy or a consulate in other countries when staying abroad.
What is the eligibility to have an Argentine passport renewed?
To get an Argentine passport renewed, the applicant has to be a citizen of Argentina. Besides this, you must have a current or an already issued passport. If you happen to be 18 years or more then apply for an adult Argentine passport. However, if you happen to be under the age of 18 years then you may apply for a child Argentine passport.Sponsored Links
List of documents required to renew an Argentine passport:
- Current or the already issued passport
- DNI or the national identity document
- 2 recent colour photograph
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew an Argentine passport:
- First of all you will have to go to the official website of the passport issuing authorities
- Take the renewal application form from there & complete filling the form
- Fill the form carefully
- Attach scanned copies of the documents listed above in this article
- Submit the form when the documents have been attached & when the form is completely filled
- Pay the fee that is charged by the authorities to renew a passport
- You may use either a debit or a credit card to pay the fee
- An acknowledgement that has the passport application number is given to the applicant when the form is successfully submitted
- Use this passport application number to schedule an appointment with the officials to provide finger prints / photograph / signature which are nothing but the bio – metric details
What is the fee to get an Argentine passport renewed?
- To have a standard passport renewed, you must pay $ 550
- While $ 585 is the fee to have a DNI passport renewed
Validity of the Argentine passport:
From the date of issue of an Argentine passport, the passport is valid for about 10 years.
Argentine passport renewal application processing time:
You will have to wait for approximately 15 working days to get an Argentine passport renewed. And as an applicant you will have to note that the time taken to renew the passport depends a lot on the documents & the application submitted.
Check out the official website links:
If you require more information or wish to clear your doubts about the renewal application process of the Argentine passport, you may click on any one of the links mentioned here – http://www.pfa.gob.ar/ (OR) http://www.clarciev.com/cmse/?page_id=191 (OR) http://cancilleria.gov.ar/en/ministry-foreign-affairs-and-worshipSponsored Links