The nationals of Poland are issued Polish passports & this document not only comes handy when international travel is concerned but it also serves as a proof of the Polish citizenship. In addition to this, Poland’s citizens are also the citizens of EU or the European Union.
And these Polish passports are issued by the Ministry of the Interior. However, the applications are to be filed at the voivodeship offices (that have a passport office). To help you out further, we have listed out the way as to how to get a Polish passport among other things. Read on to know more.
What is the eligibility for a Polish passport?
- If applying for an adult Polish passport, age of the applicant has to be above 18 years
- While for a child’s passport, applicant’s age has to be less than 18 years
- And most importantly you have to be a citizen of Poland
Documents to be submitted to get a Polish passport
Polish passport for adult (documents):
- Completed passport application form
- Birth certificate
- PESEL number
- Proof of identity
- Marriage certificate (applicable for a few people)
- 1 colour photograph
Documents required for a child’s Polish passport:
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate
- Parental consent
- Parent’s marriage certificate & other identity proof
- 2 color photographs
Fee for a Polish passport:
- For an adult Polish passport, fee is 472. 35 PLN
- However, for a child’s Polish passport (till the child turns 13), the fee is 150. 83 PLN
Procedure to apply for a Polish passport:
- One will be required to go to a passport office
- Take the form from the passport office & fill it completely
- See to it that the details in the passport have been written correctly
- Later attach the required documents
- As far as the fee is concerned, one can pay it in cash
- You may also opt for credit or a debit card or even an online transfer to pay the fee
- Applicants will have to submit the passport application & the documents by post
- When the application has been successfully submitted, one will receive the passport application number in the acknowledgement
- Schedule an appointment with this number
- To get a Polish passport, you will be required to provide the authorities bio – metric data
- Data such as finger prints / signature / photograph come under the bio – metric data
Processing time:Sponsored Links
To get the Polish passport issued on time applicants will have to submit the application form along with the other documents. And if done so, you will most probably receive the passport in 10 working days that is from the date you have submitted the application.
Validity of a Polish passport – Download Application Form:
Basically a Polish passport will be valid for 10 years from the time it has been issued. However, for a minor the passport’s validity changes to 5 years.
For further details & clarifications click on the following link – https://www.mswia.gov.pl/