The Ministry of Interior is the department that is responsible for issuing the Montenegrin passport to the citizens of Montenegro. And this document is the most of the important document that is used for the international travel. But if you happen to reside abroad then you will have to approach the embassy to get your Montenegrin passport issued.
To help you out further we have very clearly listed out as to how to apply for a Montenegrin passport. In addition to this, you will get to know the eligibility/documents required etc. Read on to know more.
Who is eligible to get a Montenegrin passport?
- Essentially a citizen of Montenegro can get a Montenegrin passport
- For an adult passport, the applicant has to be 18 years old or more than that
- But if the age of the applicant is less than 18 years then they have to apply for a child passport
List of documents required for an adult Montenegrin passport:
- Original proof of identity
- Marriage certificate (applicable only to a few)
- Fee receipt
- 2 colour photographs, only the recent ones
List of documents required for a child Montenegrin passport:
- Birth certificate
- Parental consent
- Marriage certificate of the parents
- Identification cards of the parents
- Fee receipt
- 2 recent colour photographs
Steps to apply for a Montenegrin passport:
- One can download the passport application form from either the official website or you can approach the passport office to take the passport application form
- Complete the form by filling all the details required
- Attach the documents that have been also listed in this article
- However, the applicant will be required to go to the passport office in – person as only then the form will be submitted
- The next thing would be to pay the fee either in cash or through a credit or debit card
- Once the passport application form has been successfully submitted, you would receive the passport application number in an acknowledgement receipt
- Use this number to schedule an appointment
- This appointment would be required to give the biometric data to the concerned authorities
- Fingerprint/ photograph/signature are part of the biometric data
Montenegrin passport application processing time:Sponsored Links
When the application form along with the documents have been successfully submitted, you will receive the Montenegrin passport in 20 working days provided you have submitted the correct papers.
Fee for a Montenegrin passport:
€ 40 is the fee for a Montenegrin passport. People will have to pay this amount to get a Montenegrin passport.
Download the Montenegrin passport application form:
- If you wish to download the Montenegrin passport application form, you can click on the following download link – http://www.mvpei.gov.me/en/ministry
- However, if you wish to get some information regarding the Montenegrin passport then click on the link mentioned here as this will clarify all your doubts – http://www.mvpei.gov.me/en/sections/consular-affairs/consular-functions/Travel-documents/