How to Renew an Indian PassportSponsored Links
Renewal of passports in India is an easy process as long as you meet the set requirements. Some of the documents required for the renewal of passports include the following:
- The original old passport that you want to renew. Photocopies of its initial four pages and the last four back pages will be required.
- Proof of current address. This can be an electricity or water bill or an Aadhaar card.
- If the applicant for renewal of passport is aged below 18 years, a declaration will be required which affirms the details entered in the application form. You can download the declaration form on the passportindia.gov.in web portal index page by clicking on the Annexure/Affidavits’ link which is found on the tab labelled ‘User Assistance’.
- Children under four years will require to submit a passport photo. It is not necessary for all other individuals applying for a passport renewal to carry a passport photo since it will be taken at the passport interview center.
Online passport renewal processSponsored Links
- Log on to the website passportindia.gov.in.
- The next step is to download an e-form that’s available on a link labelled ‘Download e-Form’. This is on a tab found on the index page labelled ‘User Assistance’.
- Complete the e-form and then proceed to click on the button labelled ‘Validate & Save’. An XML file will be generated. This XML file will need to be uploaded later to the system.
- The next step is to get yourself registered on the portal of Passport Seva. By clicking on the ‘Register’ link that’s found under a section labelled ‘Online Application Filing’ on the index page you will effectively be creating a User ID.
- Using the User ID generated earlier now sign in to the Passport Seva portal.
- Once logged in the XML file created earlier on will need to be uploaded via a link labelled ‘Upload e-Form’.
- For your passport interview at a Passport Seva Kendra you will need to have booked a prior appointment. Clicking on the link labelled ‘Manage Appointment’ on the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ web page will do just that. It is important to note that you cannot visit a Passport Seva Kendra if you haven’t made a prior appointment. The only exception is in cases of medical cases or emergencies.
- Next click on the link labelled ‘Print Application Receipt’ in order to print out the application receipt. This receipt will contain an Appointment Number or an Application Reference Number.
Passport renewal interview
- Once you have booked the appointment at a Passport Seva Kendra you need to honor the appointment while carrying all the documents required for the passport renewal process.
- Once at a Passport Seva Kendra go to the Token Issuance Counter and get an application token.
- When your turn comes present the appointment slip your printed out and the acknowledgement receipt to the officer manning the service counter.
- After the verification exercise, the granting counter is your next stop. Here your application will undergo further processing.
- If your application is successful your passport will be sent.